I have always loved the look and feel of pinhole photography. I am interested in trying something very unusual.
Here is my idea;
I do 16mm animation (Not drawn animation, but, 3-d puppets like the ones used in "The NIghtmare Before Christmas". So I work with objects and space, as opposed to flat drawings) and I am interested in trying to make (out of a C-mount body cap) a pinhole lens to use in making my images. I have a wonderful animation motor for my movie camera which will HOLD the shutter OPEN for pre-determined and very, very, LONG lengths of time. (I'm talking minutes)

I am COMPLETELY in the dark about :

1. what size hole would equal what F-stop?
        -(for 16mm format?)
2. how would I DETERMINE the exact focal length?
        -would this involve extension tubes? (I do possess a set)

I have a mini-lathe /mill /drill press, I am good with my tools, & and I am capable of doing the work, but I am very unaware of what measurements to work with.
Can you or someone you know assist me in figuring this out?
Thank you for any help or info you may be able to provide. I am very anxious to try using pinhole photography techniques in my work. Please let me know...
Thanks again,
Edwin Gendron
--
Edwin Gendron