On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 16:00 -0400, Mike Holstein wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 9:58 AM, A. James Lewis <ja...@fsck.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>         I'm not a pitivi developer, just an interested user, but I am
>         running on
>         vanilla Ubuntu 11.04, and installing from the PPA worked very
>         well.. I
>         was able to edit a video with effects and render it.
>
>         It did segfault once or twice tho, so I would suggest ensuring
>         that you
>         save regularly!
>
>         Your mail doesn't state what kind of error you are getting, or
>         what
>         platform you are running on... I'm sure that you will need to
>         give more
>         details before anyone will be able to advise you on what might
>         be the
>         cause of your issue.
>
>         James.
>

> thanks... here are the error messages
>

> "You do not have a recent enough version of the GTK+ Python bindings
> (currently 2.17.0)"
> "Install a version of the GTK+ Python bindings greater or equal to
> 2.18.0"
>

> im on ubuntu 10.04

There was a message earlier on this forum discussing the fact that a
component that was required for the newer versions was slated to have
arrived in 2.18, but infact actually works in 2.17 also, so the
conclusion was that the check would probably be changed to allow
2.17.... otherwise you would be forced to upgrade your distribution or
find a non-standard package...

I suspect that if you wait a while, there may well be a fix for you.

The message I read is included below:-

> On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 17:54 -0400, Thibault Saunier wrote:
> > Hello there,
> >
> > The gtk documentation says that GtkInfobar landed in Gtk2.18, this
> > is
> > why we are now depending on this version, but it seems that in major
> > distributions, PyGtk 2.17 is installed which also has GtkInfobar so
> > guess we should just change our dependency to PyGtk2.17, and
> > regenerate
> > tarballs for 0.14 (I am working on it)
> >
> > Thibault

James.