From: Luis de Bethencourt
Sent: 07/24/11 08:14 PM
To: Geffers
Subject: Re: [PiTiVi] Plays OK - pitivi wont import

 2011/7/24 Geffers < xray...@gmail.com >: > I am new to pitivi so this is
baulking me immediately. > > I have some video files saved from a video
recorder that have a TS > extension. > > VLC plays fine with no problems, Movie
Player states software to play file > is missing, if I cancel the option to
search for a plugin it then plays it > fine anyway. > > pitivi tells me 'an
error occured while importing'. > > This appears to be a codec problem, there
are so many gstreamer plug ins > available and most appear to be installed on
my ubuntu system. > > Is there anything else I can try. > Can you play this
file in Totem (the video player)? Luis > Geoff Lane > > >