Sorry guys for late reply to your prompt suggestions.

 Inadvertently left the list address off my replies :(

 Geoff Lane

----- Original Message -----
From: Luis de Bethencourt
Sent: 07/24/11 08:26 PM
To: b...@alum.mit.edu
Subject: Re: [PiTiVi] Plays OK - pitivi wont import

 AFAIK the latest changes in MPEG-TS in GStreamer make it so you can seek. But
I could be wrong. Which version of the gstreamer plugins are you using? Distro
packaged or git? You can try update and then play the file in Totem (which also
uses GST) to check if you can playback and seek. Luis On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at
9:18 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz <bmsch...@fas.harvard.edu> wrote: > I am under
the impression that PiTiVi simply does not support MPEG-TS > files because it
requires seeking, and mpegtsdemux does not (yet?) support > seeking. This
includes the AVCHD files produced by most popular > camcorders today. > > --Ben