Initially when I used pitivi about 4 years ago it was stable and got the
job done. I don't know if it's poor record since then is because of
gstreamer issues or because of pitivi proper.

After years of disappointment I've moved on to kdenlive. I've found it's so
similar to pitivi that the learning curve was very small.

Thanks, be blessed,

Richard W. Pickett, Jr.