On Wed, 08 Apr 2015 13:59:02 +0100
"Ben Avison" <bavi...@riscosopen.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 08 Apr 2015 12:21:03 +0100, Pekka Paalanen <ppaala...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > But if I'll rework the lookup tables, I can rework this too. Would be
> > my pleasure, even, getting acquainted with Pixman style. :-)
>
> I made some revisions to affine-bench.c (and a couple of tweaks to
> lowlevel-blt-bench.c and pixman.c too) while responding to your comments
> yesterday, but stopped short of posting it because I hoped someone might
> express a preference about the addition of OS-specific code for reading
> cache sizes etc. If you're planning on having a play, I'll report them
> as they are.

Hi Ben,

you're pretty fast in revising patches! :-)

May I suggest to hold up a bit, even though it seems I am the only one
commenting at the moment. I'm looking at only parts of the series at a
time, and comments to later patches may affect earlier, so waiting a
bit might save you some work.

When you do revise a patch, it would be very nice to record the patch
revisions:
- In the commit message, add a note about what changed.
- Use the v2, v3, etc. in the subject prefix.
These make it easier to see what was the latest revision of a patch,
and to distinguish which one was actually merged.

Here is an example:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2014-August/016689.html

It's the little things that make patch management easier.

I'll start working on the tables and see how it might work.

Thanks,
pq