On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 11:28:51 +0100, Pekka Paalanen <ppaala...@gmail.com> wrote:
you asked about reading the cache sizes; I have no idea about that.

+#define PAGE_SIZE (4 * 1024)

Hm, sysconf(3) has PAGESIZE query, but I don't know if it is
appropriate here. I also tend to forget that Windows might be relevant
for Pixman.

I see the front page of http://www.pixman.org/ says "many platforms,
including Linux, BSD Derivatives, MacOS X, and Windows" so I expect it
would be a requirement, yes.

[various places]
Empty line.

Do you just want to add those yourself?

[main]
Hmm. Should I maybe add another, or modify, function to print the list
of recognized pixel formats and operators into utils.c?

Like check-formats.c does, you mean? You could do, but perhaps the usage
might be starting to get rather unwieldy. I usually have a pretty good
idea of what I want to benchmark, but might benefit from a reminder of
the order the parameters need to go in. Perhaps only print the operators
and formats if someone uses an illegal name for one?

Any reason we shouldn't use the same test pattern here as
lowlevel-blt-bench is parsing? Just for the op/src/mask/dst.

Since it exists now, you might as well. I just didn't want to end up with
another enormous table to maintain like in lowlevel-blt-bench, nor did I
want to rule out being able to test things like reversing red/blue order
as part of the operation.

+        if ((PIXMAN_FORMAT_R(mask_format) || PIXMAN_FORMAT_G(mask_format) ||
PIXMAN_FORMAT_B(mask_format)))
+            pixman_image_set_component_alpha (mask_image, 1);

Ah, but you use a different way to set CA. Any reason to differ from
lowlevel-blt-bench?

Not really. It's just that component alpha operations only make sense
with a mask pixel format that includes RGB components, and it's a waste
of memory and cache space for unified alpha operations to use a mask
pixel format unless it only contains alpha - so I've long felt it's a bit
redundant to have to specify the component/unified flag in addition.

Ben