there was a python bug that was really hard to find and felipe
spent quite some time fixing it, it was makign hg pull crash, just randomly
and without a stack trace

int
inet_pton(int af, const char *src, void *dst)
{
        if (af == AF_INET) {
#if (SIZEOF_INT != 4)
#error "Not sure if in_addr_t exists and int is not 32-bits."
#endif
                unsigned int packed_addr;
                packed_addr = inet_addr(src);
                if (packed_addr == INADDR_NONE)
                        return 0;
#ifdef PLAN9APE
                if(packed_addr == 0)
                        return 0;
#endif
                memcpy(dst, &packed_addr, 4);
                return 1;
        }
        /* Should set errno to EAFNOSUPPORT */
        return -1;
}

now looking it better, it seems that was APE's fault, anyways
this sort of stuff are the actual problem

ron, so hg is failing, when how and do you have a stack trace?

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 3:43 PM, ron minnich <rminn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For me anyway I'd like to see a python port that was part of the
> mainstream and "just worked", i.e. you pull down the python source on
> plan 9 and type mk and it works. that is probably asking too much.
>
> There are problems with what we have now. Simple example: large
> commits with hg fail badly, not to mention a push.
>
> ron
>
> --

Federico G. Benavento