On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 12:55 PM, quanstro <quans...@gmail.com> wrote:
> could you be more specific?  what
> doesn't "work well".  all of the problem i know
> about are (a) third party stuff assuming
> linuxisms or outright bugs in ape.

I can't be more specific but you've certainly pointed out part of the problem.

bugs in ape.

my view is that I want to be able to pull python down from the python
site, do a make install, and have the base system work as it does on
unix, including dynload. I don't believe that happens now. I want Plan
9 to be as important to the python core as, e.g., BSD is.

I'm not that concerned about all the little reasons; the big picture
is "it does not work". So anything that moves us toward "it does work"
-- fix Python, interact with the python core, fix ape, fix dynload on
plan 9, etc. etc. -- is good in my view.

ron