Hi,

I'm sorry if you read this twice. I've first asked the Muse folks for help but apparently my problem didn't ring a bell. So let's try it here.

I've been using Muse and planner-mode for years without major hassles. Starting today, I receive Muse warnings whenever I publish my planner pages:

Warning (muse): An error occurred while publishing index:
  (error Stack overflow in regexp matcher)

As a consequence, the index page is not updated properly. I did not update Emacs, planner, or Muse lately. All that changes on a daily base is the size of the planner project and hence, the size of the index. Apparently I've hit some sort of ceiling. My project directory now contains more than 6500 files, excluding the backup files.

I could not see in the sources that regexp matching was explicitly used in generating the index. Does anyone understand why this happens and how I could work around it?

The versions used are:
GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+ Version 2.24.11)
 of 2012-08-27 on fiona
Muse 3.20
Planner 3.42

regards,