Bit of a problem.

I've been trying to use planner-diary. In my .emacs file I've put the
following.

(require 'planner-diary)
(add-hook 'diary-display-hook 'fancy-diary-display)
(setq planner-day-page-template
         "*Tasks\n\n\n* Diary\n\n<lisp>(planner-diary-entries-here)
</lisp>\n*Notes\n\n\n* Journal")

The '* Journal' simply being another section under which I can write a
journal entry for the day (later to design a way to make this searchable n
stuff)

Everything works just swimmingly...the first day. And then when I try to
open emacs the next day it won't load properly. If I comment out those
lines in my .emacs file it all works just fine again.

I'm using emacs in Terminal mode (Mac) if that makes any difference, and
when I use 'M-x emacs-version' I'm told

GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.0.0) of 2013-12-23 on
tennine-slave.macports.org
Has anyone encountered anything like this?

Warm Regards
Scott