mart added a comment.

  In D23274#538334 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23274#538334>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D23274#538315 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23274#538315>, @mart wrote:
  >
  > > In D23274#537633 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23274#537633>, @ngraham
wrote:

  > > > Yeah I would say so.
  > >

  > > i strongly disagree, it's the opposite of every other kirigami app, and i
really want to change it back.

  > But then Kirigami is the opposite of other apps that have their hamburger
menus on the right (Dolphin, Firefox, GNOME apps). We need to sort this out.

  I don't think it's an absolute rule for every app, but systemsettings uses
the column layout with drill down and toolbars contextual only to the column
they are on top of.
  For pages toolbars of applications that use column based navigation, action
buttons are on the right, title or a widget that replaces the title (like a
search field) is on the left (which, is pretty much the android layout, or chat
apps like whatsapp and telegram on any platform)
  I would be hurted already a bit less from that systemsettings layout if that
menu button was a ... icon instead, which is then commonly used by such apps.
  For those column based layouts with column-specific toolbars i kinda see an
"app-global" menu icon only on the left, i don't think it would ever work on
the right at all.
  Also because the pattern is from left column: more generic stuff, and as goes
right, more drilled down, narrow-topic content

  Dolphin toolbar i see it more like a different beast, a "global" toolbar that
doesn't have anything to do with those context specific ones and has different
rules.
  There, is true that probably the menu button in front of the back button
would be kinda strange, especially because the most used button is probably
indeed, the back button and the menu button just once in a blue moon. (tough
for dolphin as well, i think i would prefer a lot the ... as chromium does)

REPOSITORY
  R124 System Settings

To: GB_2, #plasma, #vdg, ngraham, mart
Cc: ngraham, mart, #vdg, plasma-devel, #plasma, LeGast00n, The-Feren-OS-Dev,
jraleigh, fbampaloukas, GB_2, ragreen, ZrenBot, alexeymin, himcesjf,
lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol