filipf added a comment.

  I'd also be interested if #kde_promo
<https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/kde_promo/> has any insights here. It doesn't
seem (?) like we advertise it too much, but I know reviews often praise Plasma
for its familiarity for Windows users. Given our major competitor does the
opposite and that the majority of our new users are going to be Windows
converts (and keeping in mind that the less technologically able people tend to
not like unfamiliarity), it seems like a good market share to grab. Changing
the layout could mean a boost for other competitors such as Zorin. Thoughts?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

To: ngraham, #vdg, #plasma, filipf
Cc: broulik, filipf, plasma-devel, Orage, LeGast00n, The-Feren-OS-Dev, cblack,
jraleigh, zachus, fbampaloukas, ragreen, ZrenBot, ngraham, himcesjf,
lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, ahiemstra, mart