filipf added a comment.

  If user data would show low vertical panel usage, what are we really fixing
and for who? Extrapolating from that and presuming that a fair share of them
are content with the current default, why do we go against that? And if it's
just a matter of not touching defaults, can you guarantee users are going to be
equally content with a left panel as a default?

  It seems to me this would boil down to touch usage. (My hunch is most people
don't care too much about saving some vertical pixels). We're still only
talking about a smaller subset of users, who we could equally benefit by
finishing D27845 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27845>, which is less risky.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

To: ngraham, #vdg, #plasma, filipf
Cc: davidedmundson, ahiemstra, broulik, filipf, plasma-devel, Orage, LeGast00n,
The-Feren-OS-Dev, cblack, jraleigh, zachus, fbampaloukas, ragreen, ZrenBot,
ngraham, himcesjf, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas,
apol, mart