abetts added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9549#184434, @hpereiradacosta wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9549#184334, @cfeck wrote:
  >
  > > I remember the shadows were made thin on the left so that cascading popup
menus look smoother.

  > Hello christoph,
  >  Thing is: the same (inverse) argument was used to justify centered shadow:
right cascaded windows (in a similar manner as submenus) would not look
distinguishible one from the other with the current shadows.
  >  So that you can't have both, unless you use different shadows for windows
and for menus (which I find not so eleguant).

  > On top of that, current shadows should be made rtl aware for this to
actually work

  > Personally I think this is a valid argument, but not a very strong one
though.
  >  Other thoughts welcome.
  >
  > Hugo

  I agree. I hope we can see that the change is not really about what "makes
sense". Because that way it is harder to make everyone agree. This change is
stylistic and oriented into evolving the breeze theme and overall look and
feel. I like the depth perception that the centered shadows bring. Thanks
@hpereiradacosta

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze

BRANCH
  master

To: ngraham, abetts, hpereiradacosta, #vdg, #breeze
Cc: cfeck, januz, rpelorosso, apol, mvourlakos, plasma-devel, ZrenBot,
progwolff, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, mart