Hello

Unfortunately I do not think that I can help you, but I am having a
similar problem.

I am have been trying to use the IMU sensor, (I have added a few missing
player interface related files), but in my case the acceleration is
allways zero. Anyway I was not able to figure out why so I made some
minor additions to the gazebo code and differentiated the linear
velocity between each timestep. This way the reported acceleration will
be the actual velocity derivative. The problem is that I wont get
g=-9.81 in my output. This is OK in my ground robot case as I usually
just remove the gravity component anyway. For flying robots I do not not
know if this is Ok.

I tried adding an additional "artificial" gravity vector (rotated into
the curent body coordinate system) but realised that when the robot was
moving along the Z-axis (very rarely), I would get double acceleration.
-9.81 as well as the actual velocity derivative (-9.81 when free
falling). I the end I removed the artificial gravity vector, as I actual
have no real use for it.

It is probably possible to solve this in some smart way but I have not
had time to try and figure one out.

I am using a fairly recent Gazebo svn version and player 3.0.2

/Peter