On 12.02.2015 19:55, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
OK. So you have a workaround (by disabling header signature verification) for
-Va for the moment.
and also have an alternative means to verify header signatures using a shell
loop.
i'm surprised that rpm -Va and rpm -V $pkgname use different codepath. so you're saying that (with my current package patch) header verification is disabled for both? (as no header verification errors are printed).

You should also convince yourself that header signatures are verified when
installing a package:

        rpm -Uvv somepackage*.rpm
but rpm -Uhv $pkg.rpm does not emit header errors. or the extra -v is needed to see them? and does my patch that i applied disables it or you are talking about current state of pld package (where the patch is applied)?

--
glen