On 12/2/20 6:58 PM, Marcin Krol wrote:

On 02-Dec-20 16:08, Jan Rękorajski wrote:
- mutual obsoletes (php* only problem?)
   I honestly don't know what to do with this, rpm behavior seems sane to me,    maybe we should rethink how this is packaged (maybe replace with Conflicts
   and let administrator deal with it?)

+1 for rethinking :-) Actually I did that long time ago in TLD. The packaging was changed so all PHP versions are versioned (php_suffix) and may fully coexist, including devel files. Default PHP for system may be selected using alternatives. There were/are some quirks especially when building additional PHP modules from specs, but overally it works fine for me.

the current state in pld php packages is because lazy-ness/lack-of-time/no-interest, and you haven't ported your changes back :(

for bulding additional modules there's "-D php_suffix 52" support added to builder, not sure if TLD uses that infrastructure.