It has been mentioned in past discussions on this mailing-list that it would
be desirable to be able to run multiple plex86 VM sessions in
parallel--possibly using a shared (common) supervisory thread or something
of the like.  Just recently it was mentioned that it might be a good idea to
separate some of the parts of the rather monolithic Bochs plug-in--I agree
with this notion.  In fact, I'd like to carry its discussion one step
further and suggest a full objectification of those parts of the whole
plug-in set that may be objectified--including a break-up of the Bochs
plug-in into some smaller, more managible, chunks (we are using C++, aren't
we?).
This would, in effect, make inter-plug-in communication simpler (a function
call--yes I know about overhead here, but the plug-ins should--in theory be
able to run on the host), but more importantly it allows for there to be a
“supervisor” plug-in.  This could allow two things:
Plug&Play virtualization
and
A possibly more efficent VM with “virtual hardware-level debugging” (what
signals are being sent on our virtual PCI bus anyway?).
Just a few thoughts......,
Drew Northup N1XIM