Hi all,

I'm working out some details of the quasi dynamic translation
engine replacement for SBE.

Looks like it will be important for performance to have an
efficient way to map from a guest linear page address to
an index of a table (array) of entries representing meta
information about the code cached at that page.

There's no correlation between a linear address and the
associated table index.  Elements of the table are used/unused
as code in various pages is discovered by the DT engine.

So, we'd have to hash from the linear page address (upper 20bits)
to and array index (some value N), quickly with ideally not
much memory consumption for lookup tables.

Ideas?

--
Kevin Lawton                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]