I suggest you try using a boot floppy with DOS' fdisk and check your
partitions, and/or do a fdisk /mbr. I am pretty sure it won't help, but it
gives you something to try before someone else gives a better advice.

As for the archives, you may try this one instead:
http://www.mail-archive.com/plex86%40fastxs.net/

It's the other link, but with "plex86" instead of "freemware-list".
Webmaster should add it.

EL