I just ran a cvs -z3 update -APd to make sure everything is up to
date with my plex86 source tree.

I'm having issues similar to those expresseqd by Aaron Lehmann back in
June of 2001.

To the best of my knowledge, I have never put code from linux-2.4.13
on this Debian 2.2r2 box.  I use make-kpkg to make my own 2.4.17
packages (and before that, my own 2.2.20 packges).

When I clean, configre, and make the plex86 source, the module
appearently gets made for the 2.4.13 kernel, and insmod refuses to
install the module.  Editing the makefile to compile with
-DMODVERSIONS causes module insertion errors due to many missing
symbols.

Pardon my ignorance, but what did Aaron mean by "Passing
--with-linux-source=/home/aaronl/src" in the build process.  I tried
passing "--with-linux-source=/usr/src/linux" several different ways.
Passing this option to configure doesn'tseem to make any changes.
"make" doesn't likethis option, and editing the
plexa86/kernel/Makefile to pass this option to gcc causes gcc to barf.

I'm running modutils v2.4.13.  How would the modversions version
get confused with the kernel version kernel?

Insmod also points out that the liscence string isn't set in
the module.  You may want to set the liscence string to "LGPL"
for forward compatability reasons.

Any tips you could offer would be much appreciated.

-Karl

P.S. please cc [EMAIL PROTECTED] with your responses.  Majordormo didn't
send me any subscription verification and I seem to remember that
majordormo usually sends verification.