You have to know this version has nothing to do with the version of the
setup.py. It is just a version of install and used to know if we have to
migrate data.

Package versionning is quite different. It show if it is stable (alpha
beta, 0.1, 1.0, ...) Some people are using three digits, other only two;

So the question comes to: why not using integer ?

it is far more easy to compare integers than 0.1, 0.1a, 0.1dev etc ...

Regards / Cordialement,
JeanMichel FRANCOIS
Find me on Google + <https://profiles.google.com/toutpt>