Hi, I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but this time it's a bit more urgent,
because my clients with only the Member role cannot view the home page anymore
(maybe because of my upgrade step, see below), and I have no idea where I can
set the permissions on the site root in the web interface.

Can someone help? My goal is to allow the Member role to view the home page
(preferably by making a change via the webinterface)

Thanks!
Maarten

Some explanation: I wanted to remove the following permission setting

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rolemap>
    <permissions>
        <!-- Allow anonymous users to register -->
        <permission name="Add portal member" acquire="False">
            <role name="Anonymous"/>
            <role name="Manager"/>
            <role name="Owner"/>
            <role name="Site Administrator"/>
            <role name="CM Administrator"/>
        </permission>
    </permissions>
</rolemap>

so I tried to import this file (my intention is to no longer override the base
template's rolemap):

<rolemap>
</rolemap>

This did not work: KeyError: permissions.
So I figured I should use this one:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rolemap>
    <permissions>
    </permissions>
</rolemap>

Could it be that this somehow affected the permissions in the site root?