Hi Maurits,

sorry for not replying sooner, I just came home from a vacation...

I wrote the p.a.collection 2.x code for a client and I'm also responsible for the nested collection branch.

My plan was to refactor the collection functionality into a behavior, to make it easy for integrators to write their own folderish/nested collections. This way there would be no need for a nested collection branch any longer.

There was a discussion (I think on the UI list) about nested collections in the core and we decided against it (just because of the UI problems if I recall correctly).

I stopped working for that particular client a couple of months ago before I could finish the collection behavior refactoring. I'm not sure if they still plan to implement it (because they are currently using the nested collection branch).

I would be happy to assist anybody who wants to work on that, but I don't have the time to do it myself right now.

Cheers,
Timo