cc'ing Steve as he's done the most work on zopeskel.dexterity recently, afaict.

On Jun 15, 2012, at 1:50 PM, Leonardo Caballero wrote:

>  I think that now zopeskel.dexterity can be usable or compatible with the new
> template mechanism.

This is excellent news, Leonardo.  Thanks for the work!

> But now I am try to fix the localcommand option for this package.

For examples of local commands, take a look at the templer.localcommands
package, which provides the basic support for having local commands at all, and
then also at the templer.plone.localcommands package, which provides specific
local commands for the templates in the templer.plone package.

The idea here is that we would like to have the ability to __not__ have local
commands if a developer doesn't want them.  The issue around Paste, PasteScript
and PasteDeploy being installed __inside__ your development egg if you have
local commands is a big enough problem that I've been working hard on making it
an option.

In order to 'properly' fix things, I would suggest the following changes:

1.  Keep zopeskel.dexterity compatible only with ZopeSkel <= 2.99, pinning that
dependency in the zopeskel.dexterity egg setup.py file.  This would prevent
others from hitting the issue that you have tripped over.

2.  Create a new templer.dexterity package that contains only the main template
and no local commands, plus and extra dependency to have local commands (see
templer.plone)

3.  Create a new templer.dexterity.localcommands that provides dexterity local
commands

4.  Add templer.dexterity[localcommands] to ZopeSkel 3.0 so that it is
automatically included in the distribution.

Any thoughts on this, Steve?  What would be best from your standpoint?

Cris Ewing