On 2008-08-28 16:34-0000 trc wrote:

> I don't have a test case but inspecting the code suggests that if
> plbuf_restore is called this would give rise to errors in the color maps and
> further memory corruption.
>
> new_state should be initialised in line 1154 as follows
>
>  struct _state *new_state = (struct _state *)state;

Thanks, Terrence.  I am no expert on plbuf.c, but it looks like a no-brainer
fix to me so I have committed it (revision 8720).  I gave credit to "trc"
(Terrence) because I wasn't sure of your last name.

To change to a different but related topic, I ask those (such as Maurice)
who are familiar with plbuf.c whether there is any more need for the
conditional compilation that depends on BUFFERED_FILE?  BUFFERED_FILE is not
#defined anywhere in our source code so a code cleanup of plbuf.c to get rid
of the no-longer-used file buffer part of the code might be in order at this
time.