On Sep 1, 2008, at 4:10 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> On 2008-09-01 14:58-0700 Jerry wrote:
>
>> Andrew,
>>
>> Does the Ada example, with xmin hardcoded to 1_133_395_200.0,
>> generate the same Postscript as the C example?
>
> The current Ada example 29 code has
>
> xmin := 1133395200.0;
>
> (no underscores),

Sorry--Ada ignores underscores in numeric constants.

> and yes, that hard-coded value gives identical results to
> the C example which is implemented in UTC to avoid anomalies in
> daylight
> savings time that occur for such locales as the UK.

 From this and the proceeding discussion, I gather that the Ada
example with the Time_Of function, when run in the UK, does not
generate the same Postscript code as example 29 in C, but when run in
North America, it does. Is that correct?

Again, could someone check to see if

xmin := Long_Float(Time_Of(2005, 12, 1, 0.0) - Time_Of(1970, 1,  1,
0.0));

results in a value for xmin of 1_133_395_200.0 when run in the UK, as
it does in North America? According to my reading of the Ada
Reference Manual, it should.

Jerry