http://www.mail-archive.com/plplot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00650.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/plplot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00699.html

HB> > but nothing seems to have happened since then.
HB> Now that it has come up twice we might be more interested :). Probably
HB> the first thing would be implement a C function that could create the
HB> graph that you wanted. This would likely be done with a number of plline
HB> ()/plfill() function calls to draw each point.

 Thanks for your answer and advice! I've started looking into actually
doing something like this and realized that there is actually a third
potential problem: is it possible to provide the plot data on demand with
PLplot? E.g. with these financial plots you may have data for some market
price from 1990 to 2008 with the resolution of one day. Usually the user of
the application would just look at some small subrange of this interval,
e.g. a couple of last months but I'd like to allow zooming and panning the
graph to show more (or less) values and would like to avoid creating all
the plot points unnecessarily and only do it when they're about to be
shown. Would you have any idea about how could this be done?

HB> >  The second thing is that I'd like to have some degree of interactivity.
HB> Most of the interactive drivers support basic interactivity with the
HB> function plGetCursor().

 I'm not sure if this is what I'm looking for, as I can get the mouse
events by directly catching them in wx. I just needed to know how to
translate their coordinates to PLplot ones and the post by Hezekiah M.
Carty seems to answer this nicely (thanks a lot!).

 Thanks again,
VZ