Hi, PLplot developers,

On Jan 19, 2010, at 21:34 , David MacMahon wrote:

> I am in the process of updating my MacPorts installation, but after
> that finishes I will (try to) recreate the above steps and capture
> all the output you've requested.

After finishing my MacPorts update.  I am no longer able to build
PLplot due to a missing header file for qhull.  The MacPorts update
brought with it qhull version 2010.1.  Previously I had qhull version
2003.1.  According to the qhull web site (http://www.qhull.org/): "A
"serious bug was found in Qhull 2003.1 . Please upgrade to 2010.1 or
apply poly.c-qh_gethash.patch.".

The problem is that the MacPorts installation of qhull 2010.1 does
NOT install the "qhull/qhull_a.h" file.  Instead, it installs just
"libqhull.h".  I don't know if this is a bug in the MacPorts qhull
"portfile" or if it is a bug in qhull's installation process in
general.  From what I can tell of qhull's installation process (now
using cmake), it looks like libqhull.h is the only header file
installed (and even that is only in the qhull git repo, not in the
qhull-2010.1-src.tgz distribution tarball!).

I tried to replace the occurrences of qhull/qhull_a.h with
libqhull.h, but it seems that libqhull.h includes "user.h", which is
another qhull header that does not get installed.

Has anyone successfully built PLplot using qhull 2010.1?

Thanks,
Dave