On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Andrew Ross
<andrewr...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Hez,
>
> Thanks for your updates to the plcolorbar / pllegend support. Do you
> have any other plans for further changes? I was wondering whether we
> are approaching the point where we feel happy with the API for these
> functions. If so I would definitely like to see this being finalised
> for the next release. As part of this we could also enable the
> colorbar features in the C examples by default and start propagating
> them to other languages. This would be a nice new feature for a new
> release.
>
> I did notice that at least with the xwin driver the colorbar text
> extended beyond the window. We may need to tweak the size of the
> viewport to fix this. I'll check more generally with other drivers
> too.

Andrew,

I am happy with the plcolorbar interface.  With this latest commit and
Alan's additions, it is flexible enough to support more than I had
initially planned.  The same goes for pllegend.  I would prefer it if
others could look at the new plcolorbar API and comment/ask questions
to ensure nothing important is missing.  Beyond that, I'm happy to
call both functions' interfaces stable.

There are still some bugs in plcolorbar.  Bounding box handling with
multiple labels and/or axes does not work properly.  I don't think I
am using Alan's bounding box update code properly when applying each
label and axis.  Fixing this would not require an interface change so
the bug fixing could happen in parallel with bindings propagation and
example updates.

Hez