On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Andrew Ross
<andrewr...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 08:03:02AM -0400, Hezekiah M. Carty wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Andrew Ross
>> <andrewr...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hez,
>> >
>> > Thanks for your updates to the plcolorbar / pllegend support. Do you
>> > have any other plans for further changes? I was wondering whether we
>> > are approaching the point where we feel happy with the API for these
>> > functions. If so I would definitely like to see this being finalised
>> > for the next release. As part of this we could also enable the
>> > colorbar features in the C examples by default and start propagating
>> > them to other languages. This would be a nice new feature for a new
>> > release.
>> >
>> > I did notice that at least with the xwin driver the colorbar text
>> > extended beyond the window. We may need to tweak the size of the
>> > viewport to fix this. I'll check more generally with other drivers
>> > too.
>> >

>> Andrew,
>>
>> I am happy with the plcolorbar interface.  With this latest commit and
>> Alan's additions, it is flexible enough to support more than I had
>> initially planned.  The same goes for pllegend.  I would prefer it if
>> others could look at the new plcolorbar API and comment/ask questions
>> to ensure nothing important is missing.  Beyond that, I'm happy to
>> call both functions' interfaces stable.
>>
>> There are still some bugs in plcolorbar.  Bounding box handling with
>> multiple labels and/or axes does not work properly.  I don't think I
>> am using Alan's bounding box update code properly when applying each
>> label and axis.  Fixing this would not require an interface change so
>> the bug fixing could happen in parallel with bindings propagation and
>> example updates.
>>
>> Hez
>
> I've started the process of porting the colorbar support to other
> languages. As a first step I've enabled colorbar support by default
> in C example 16 so we can test and compare.
>
> I've implemented plcolorbar in the C++ bindings and updated the
> examples accordingly. If anyone wants to help in this, feel free. The
> swig generated bindings will need a little behind the scenes work
> first to deal with all the arrays.
>
> Andrew

Andrew,

I found another change that I think we should make before completing
the plcolorbar + example change propagation.  The tick mark arguments
are still restricted to single values but they should be made into
arrays with one element each per axis.

I hope to be able to make and commit these changes within the next day
or two.  If someone else beats me to it that's fine as well.

Hez