On 2013-04-30 21:17-0400 Hezekiah M. Carty wrote:

> The C changes are in commit 12312 and the OCaml changes are in 12313.
> These commits cover all of the instances of line widths I found.  I
> didn't bother changing C examples when the integer to floating point
> cast wouldn't matter to limit the noise in the commit.
>
> The output diff test between C and OCaml is clean aside from the
> missing plcolorbar calls in OCaml's example 16.

Thanks Hez:

I also confirm good OCaml results here.

> [different order] On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 10:34 PM, Alan W. Irwin
> <ir...@beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote:
>> Once I see that change [from you], I will disable
>> all language bindings by default except for C and OCaml so that
>> default builds are not disrupted by your change.

DONE as of revision 12314.

Just to be clear here, this change only affects users who do not
specify any -DENABLE_????=ON options, i.e., those that take the
default bindings (which are now only ocaml due to this revision 12314
change to avoid default build breakage for our remaining bindings).

To enable these bindings again by default for their language of
choice, let's take Ada as an example.  The interested developer for
that language (probably Jerry) should propagate Hez's recent integer
==> double line width changes in the C API for pl*shade*, pllegend,
and plcolorbar to the Ada bindings and make the corresponding changes
in the Ada examples 4, 16, 26, and 33 to use that changed API. They
should then test that result (at least by running the
test_noninteractive target) with the language specifically enabled,
e.g., with the -DENABLE_ada=ON option.  If that testing works, then
the final step is to enable the language by default again using the
appropriate change in cmake/modules/ada.cmake, then commit all the
changes.

I have changed my mind about the choice of languages where I will
propagate Hez's changes.  Before I said I would do Python and Fortran,
but now I will focus on the languages whose bindings are
swig-generated (i.e., Python, Java, lua, and octave) since it makes
sense to do all those at the same time.  So I will be taking on more
languages than I said before, but it does leave Fortran (and the rest
of the bindings) to others here.  Also, to the developer who takes on
Fortran, I suggest you propagate only to Fortran 95 since we will soon
be withdrawing the deprecated Fortran 77.