Hi Arjen and Alan
Arjen - to create a 64 bt build add Win64 to the generator, e.g. -G "Visual
Studio 11 Win64". Which made me think a moment - if it's the generator which
defines the project then why do we need to use the 64 bit VC++ Tools command
prompt? In fact maybe CMAKE sees the 64 bit compiler, panics a bit, then tags
an x86 flag on the link options so we don't "accidentally" get a 64 bit
project. A quick google also found a post that said for the visual studio
generators the VC++ prompt isn't needed at all as we're not calling the
compiler.

Well the post was slightly wrong - I get a missing dll message box if I use a
regular command prompt, however, despite this CMAKE completes and the linker
options now correctly specify machine:x64 and plConfig.h is filled. Trying
again with the VC++ x86 Tools Command Prompt avoided the missing dll message
and gives the same results.

So these seem to be bugs (or features) of CMAKE which can be avoided by not
using the x64 Tools Command Prompt.

Progress is being made :-)

Phil