On 2014-07-20 11:39+0100 António Rodrigues Tomé wrote:

> Hi,
> I've followed a thread in this email list about qt5 support.
> As it was dated after the official date release I've downloaded a svn
> version and built plplot with qt5 support.
>
> All the instructions on that thread discussion worked just fine, but the
> output from the qt drivers are not good.

Hi António:

From that thread, the visual results were checked both by Andrew (an
official Qt5.2.0 package either from Ubuntu or Debian) and me (a
Qt5.2.1 version I built myself with epa_build).

There were some vertical offset issues with characters (much like you
currently see with your pdf version), and it is possible when fixing
those that I compensated for a bug in Qt5.2.x that is solved for the
latest Qt5 (5.3.1).

I only took a quick look at your pdf results, and they looked fine to
me outside the vertical offset issues for the asterisk character.  Is
that a good summary of the problems there, or is there something else
I missed?

Your png results look much worse than your pdf results.  That is unusual
and normally indicates some problems with the Qt5 library.  I suspect
you are trying some Qt5 version older than 5.2.0.  If so, please
update to the latest (Qt5.3.1), and if you continue to see some
problems for that case (or that is already what you are reporting) I
will download and try that version myself to see if it is possible to
replicate any issues you have found.

When you reply, please indicate your OS (Linux, Mac OS X, or Windows) as
well as the Qt5 version you are using.