Hi,
very strange thing.
latter on I'll test everything
today i've only changed
 bindings/qt_gui/plqt.cpp
the way you said and the vertical offsset  was smaller so I changed the
original ofsset signal and the result was a little better. One could easily
find a new good offset for my qt built, don't know if it is the better
thing specially if it changes with any minor changes in QT built.

The result with the changes
  // PLFLT empirical_yOffset = -0.63 * chrht * POINTS_PER_INCH / 25.4;
   // PLFLT empirical_yOffset = 0. * chrht * POINTS_PER_INCH / 25.4;
    PLFLT empirical_yOffset = 0.63  * chrht * POINTS_PER_INCH / 25.4;

is attached

--
António Rodrigues Tomé
Universidade da Beira Interior