On 2014-10-27 12:47-0000 phil rosenberg wrote:

> Hi AlanThe fixes are now committed.

Hi Phil:

Your docbook changes validated and built without issues. There were a
couple of misspellings.  Since I am a pretty lousy speller myself,
that inspired me to check and fix all our docbook src for
misspelling's using ispell which is a pretty useful application.  (See
commit 4e6c0e3.)

> Hopefully this issue is all sorted and you can undo the
linkage changes you made to temporarily fix the building of the
examples.

See commit 254a9b9 where your changes combined with reverting my previous
temporary fix was tested successfully with the test_diff_psc
target.

So it appears your changes are a success, and thanks very much
for this effort so far.

However, there is a bit more to do to completely finish this topic.

(1) This is not a minor change so please add a prominent (i.e., in the
announcements section) warning about the backwards-incompatible C++
API changes you have done in README.release.  For example, this change
requires all C++ users of plshade, plshades, plcont, imagefr, and vect
to change their source code and rebuild.  You should warn them of that
and also state in the warning what source code changes will be
required.

(2) The special example examples/c/x01cc.cc calls a special overloaded
version of shade using a callback argument of &tr. But previously
there is a direct call to cxx_pltr2 tr( xg, yg ) which presumably has
something to do with the cxx_pltr2 class.  I must admit I don't know
what is going on with that because of my lack of C++ skills, but my
suspicion is that direct call is an indirect way to define tr since I
can find no definition of tr anywhere else. Can some or all of this
special case be handled the way you handle other shade callbacks?

(3) fill_callback is defined in examples/c++/plstream.cc but
"fill_callback" is referred to nowhere else in bindings or examples.
"fill_callback" was created with your last commit, and I suspect that
was a leftover from a different approach that you will want to remove.