On 2014-10-22 10:28-0000 phil rosenberg wrote:

> I've just committed the plstream:fill changes

That commit breaks the build.  Ugh.  So let me remark on that more
urgent issue before answering your other questions.

Here is the message I get if attempting to build x15

/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/x15.dir/x15.cc.o: undefined reference to
symbol 'c_plfill'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'c_plfill' is defined in DSO
/home/software/plplot/HEAD/build_dir/src/libplplot.so.12 so try adding
it to the linker command line
/home/software/plplot/HEAD/build_dir/src/libplplot.so.12: could not
read symbols: Invalid operation

What is going on here is your change has made the C++ examples depend
explicitly on our core C library (which we should have anticipated in
discussions, but we all missed this implication) so the linking for
those examples has to be changed to include the core C library
directly.

Please also reread my remarks concerning pltr[0-2] because there
are similar linking implications for use of the C callback in those
cases as well.

Since this is a new linking implication we have not considered before
please consult with Andrew to be sure that using the C callbacks
(which requires every C++ user of plshade and plshades change the
linking on their application) rather than his preferred approach is
the right way to go here.

For now, I will fix this linking issue for all examples that use the C
plfill callback so that others using our official repository can build
again, but if/when you decide in consultation with Andrew to try his
approach instead, we should remove this linking fix to avoid
overlinking.