On Jan 24, 2015, at 11:51 AM, Phil Rosenberg <p.d.rosenb...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Your recent commits to this topic did solve the memory management
>> issue at exit that was reported by valgrind.  However, there appear to
>> still be lots of sources of allocated memory that need to be freed on exit.
> I suspect these are related to the memory leaks Laurent reported with
> the buffer. Some leaks like these were also reported a couple of years
> ago, but were blamed on the wxWidgets driver or wxWidgets itself, but
> never got change to hunt them out. If they are actually related to the
> buffer then I'm not actually sure if any other drivers use the buffer
> for redraws so I'm not entirely surprised that they got blamed on
> wxWidgets. I will hunt them out anyway.

I will also take a look for memory leaks while I am revamping plmeta and plbuf.
 I did put a comment in plbuf on a way to cause a memory leak when using
plbuf_switch(); however, that function only gets called by gcw.

I know that xwin and wingcc use the buffer for resize and paint events.

Some GUI based drivers use the buffer to generate hardcopy (wingcc for example).