On 2015-03-11 22:32-0000 Andrew Ross wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 02:55:16PM -0700, Alan Irwin wrote:
>> On 2015-03-11 21:29-0000 Andrew Ross wrote:
>>
>>> A minimal C / C++ / qt5 build of plplot on debian unstable produces the
>>> output below. No invalid reads though. I suspect the DRM warnings are
>>> because I'm building in a chrooted pbuilder environment. So unless the
>>> problem lies in the DRM support, it looks like the issue is not present
>>> in debian unstable with 5.3.2 (the current package is 5.3.2+dfsg-4+b1).
>>
>> That's an extremely encouraging result.
>>
>> Is this test for the system version of Qt5?  If so, could you also do
>> the equivalent epa_build test on Debian unstable to finally put this
>> issue to rest?
>
> I can. It will just be exceedingly slow.

I look forward to those results.

> Incidentally, when I tried I discovered that the epa_build of lasi still
> points to a local copy on your machine not a download. This will cause
> epa_build to fail and is likely to confuse any non-expert users.

Gack.  Thanks for drawing my attention to this issue which I could not
see for myself because it was an archetypal bad case of "works for
me". I have just fixed it (commit id = daf1072), and I also checked
that there were no other file URL issues like it in epa_build.