On 2015-03-13 10:26-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> On 2015-03-13 10:19-0000 Andrew Ross wrote:
>> 1) The cairo build fails (seems to be due to a bug in cairo build scripts
>> exposed in gcc-4.9.0 - see http://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/bugs/396/)

Hi Andrew:

That thread implies the problem is caused by the build scripts for
GTK+ which apparently use the -flto link time option that is described
at <https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Optimize-Options.html>.
However, there is no mention of "flto" in the epa_build tree so unless
-flto is on by default with gcc-4.9.0, the source of the issue with
epa_build of GTK+ (or the pango/cairo subset of that) must be
something else.  Also note that gcc-4.7.2 knows nothing about the
-flto option so if the solution is turning off that option for gcc-4.9.x
that can only be done for that version of gcc.

In sum, dealing with this epa_build issue for pango/cairo is likely
not going to be a simple fix so we should look at this again
post-release.