On 2015-05-18 00:57-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> On 2015-05-18 06:56-0000 Arjen Markus wrote:
>
>> Hi Alan,
>>

>> With the latest version the [Cygwin] warnings are indeed gone:
>
> Hi Arjen:
>
> It was good to hear that issue (and other more subtle/dangerous
> issues for which that spurious warning message was just one symptom)
> has finally been put to rest by the latest startup procedure.

Hi Arjen:

I spoke too soon; your latest comprehensive test report tarball for
Cygwin still shows one final "CMake no longer defines WIN32 on
Cygwin!" warning being generated by the Ada language support in the
cmake.out files.  This is yet another instance of the rule that
computers were put in our lives for the sole purpose of keeping us
humble.  :-)

It turned out in this case the warning was actually correct and not
spurious; project was being called in the Ada language support files
without any preceding call to cmake_minimum_required.  But I have now
fixed that issue (c4ba870) so all these warnings should finally be
completely gone on Cygwin (he says for ~3rd! time).

I don't think there is any need to do a special comprehensive test of
this fix on Cygwin, but instead I will just look carefully for any
further such warnings in cmake.out the next time you comprehensively
test on Cygwin for any other reason.

My (humble!) best wishes.