Hi Alan and Ben
Yes, with the new system in place a new wxPNG driver would be as
simple as passing in a memoryDC then a function call to write it to
file as any number of raster formats. It was on my list before the
last release, but I never quite found the time. It is still on the
list though for next release.

Phil