On 2015-08-02 00:04-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> Anyhow, I am hoping for a quick response from SF staff concerning how
> they can make it possible to update complex wiki pages like ours again
> (e.g., by giving us the option to use the old editor that actually
> works), but if I don't get that quick response, I guess as a temporary
> measure, I could put all the markdown format for tables filled with
> recent comprehensive test reports from Arjen, Greg, and myself
> directly into our release notes and copy those markdown data to our
> wiki later when it is finally possible to do so.

I finally got a response, see comments for
<https://sourceforge.net/blog/introducing-sourceforges-new-markdown-text-editor/>

They are actively working on resolving the biggest issue (mislocated
cursor position in certain cases) I reported.  But I sense that
resolution will not be quick.

Furthermore, it appears the mouse select and middle button paste
issues are known, but resolution will be slow.  The new SourceForge
markdown editor uses the CodeMirror library which exposes a firefox
(and presumably konqueror) bug concerning mouse select and middle
button paste.

Therefore, my plan now is to go ahead with the release (starting today
but probably finishing tomorrow) using the idea of putting our
comprehensive test reports directly into the release notes using
SourceForge markdown table format.