Hi Jim:

I believe you have discussed what you wanted to do with the plmeta device
before, but I am having difficulty finding that dicussion so could you summarize
again what your plans are?

This is especially relevant now because the mid-September deadline for
pushing large changes to the master branch is fast approaching.
(Although the deadline is a little soft so if you need a week or so
extra, we can negotiate when that freeze occurs.)

The plmeta device was recently brought to my attention because it
currently does not build when I use the option
-DDEFAULT_ALL_DEVICES=ON. That is obviously a far from ideal result so
I hope you will be able to fix this issue in the near future.

As I recall, you are developing command-line options that contain
essentially all the historical plmeta device capability. If that is
the case, maybe the way to fix the build issue is simply to comment
out plmeta from cmake/modules/drivers-init.cmake?  That change would
temporarily or indefinitely retire that device so
-DDEFAULT_ALL_DEVICES=ON ignores it.