Hi Alan,

I am not completely sure that programs built with MinGW-w64/MSYS2 are indeed
independent of an installation of this platform. At least they are not for a
default build. I checked this with one of the C examples: it requires
LIBWINPTHREAD-1.DLL and LIBSHP-1.DLL (it seems to be from the Shapelib library,
so not a system DLL) to be present in the path (of course you can include these
in the PLplot distribution).

It might be a good idea to find out if the reference to LIBWINPTHREAD-1.DLL can
be eliminated via a static version of that library. Then I think the program
will be entirely independent of the MinGW-w64 installation. A first glance at
the available static libraries indicates that this is not impossible. It will
be a matter of finding the right compile/link switches.

Apart from this: I agree that the MinGW/MSYS platform is not to be recommended,
if only because of the severe lack of package management.

Regards,

Arjen

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The
Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way
whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper,
incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.