On 2016-11-17 16:35-0500 Hazen Babcock wrote:

> How does one get PLplot to build with QT5 now?
>
> This is what I used to do:
> cmake -DPLPLOT_USE_QT5=ON ../plplot
>
> However the cmake cache now has the following mistakes (or what appear to me
> to be mistakes):
>
> //Enable pyqt4 Python extension module
> ENABLE_pyqt4:BOOL=ON
>
> //Enable pyqt5 Python extension module
> ENABLE_pyqt5:BOOL=OFF
>
> ..
>
> //Where can the qmake-qt4 library be found
> QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/qmake-qt4
>
> PyQt4 will not work with Qt5, and qmake-qt4 also seems to be the wrong choice
> for a Qt5 build.

Hi Hazen:

My recent set of changes introduced no changes concerning the meaning
of PLPLOT_USE_QT5.  In fact, my recent tests of those changes (see my
commit message) show Plplot builds properly here with both
-DPLPLOT_USE_QT5=ON (i.e., Qt5) and -DPLPLOT_USE_QT5=OFF (i.e, Qt4).
But in each case I used scripts/comprehensive_test.sh which
automatically executes cmake in the ideal way, i.e., in an initially
empty build tree.

In your case, it looks like -DPLPLOT_USE_QT5=ON is being ignored and
you are getting consistent Qt4 results instead.  (Your cache file
reports PLPLOT_USE_QT5=OFF and nothing is found that is Qt5 related.)

Is a dirty build tree reflecting previous Qt4 builds causing you the
present difficulties with attempting to use Qt5?

Of course, if that speculation is not correct, then the next thing you
should do is look at your complete cmake output starting with an empty
build tree and pristine source tree to see what it says regarding
finding Qt5 when you specify -DPLPLOT_USE_QT5=ON.  If our build system cannot
find Qt5 with -DPLPLOT_USE_QT5=ON it forces PLPLOT_USE_QT5 to
OFF and falls back to looking for and using Qt4 in a consistent way.

So either scenario (dirty build tree or cannot find Qt5) is consistent
with your current cache file.