On 2016-12-15 01:31-0500 Pedro Vicente wrote:

> Hi Alan
>
>> I think you will agree with me that smells like a workaround rather
>> than a fundamental fix.
>
> yes, I agree.
>
>>> Eventually, we had to change our
>>> minimum acceptable wxwidgets version from 2.8 to 3.0 because of one
>>> commit which only worked for 3.0.
>
> hhm, ok
> I have to double check this but the comments in your code say ::Bind() is
> only available
> for 3.0, and ::Bind()  is not used
>
> so probably the code as of now is compatible with 2.8 (meaning it only has
> 2.8 calls, not 3.0 calls)

Not exactly.  If you read Phil's commit messages carefuly they imply
the code was developed for 3.0 and the minimum changes made as
an afterthought when it did not work on his CentOS box at that time
so it would work on 2.8.  So, for example, there is a
commit that _replaced_ Bind by the current connect method.

>>> I would appreciate
>>> your thoughts on this matter of moving to pure 3.0.
>
> we could try the ::Bind()   route, yes, to see what happens

Good.  And thanks for your willingness to give us some help with wxwidgets to
get these current Linux build errors straightened out.