On 2016-12-21 23:14-0500 Pedro Vicente wrote:

> I did a simple wxWidgets app (no PLplot) that shows the issue
>
> it's here , wx_demo.cpp
>
> https://github.com/pedro-vicente/plplot-wxwidgets
[...]

> 18:33:43: Debug: wxFrameTest::wxFrameTest
> 18:33:43: Debug: frame->Create
> 18:33:43: Debug: wxFrameTest::Show
> 18:33:43: Debug: frame->Show
> 18:33:43: Debug: FALSE frame->IsReady
> 18:33:43: Debug: wxFrameTest::OnSize
> 18:33:43: Debug: wxFrameTest::OnCreate
> 18:33:43: Debug: wxFrameTest::CreateStream

Hi Pedro:

I had some difficulty obtaining wx_demo.cpp, and you may want to update your
instructions in the newsgroup to make it easier to do so.

Here is how I obtained, built, and ran it (on Debian Jessie)

irwin@raven> wget
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pedro-vicente/plplot-wxwidgets/master/wx_plplot/wx_demo.cpp
irwin@raven> g++ $(wx-config --cppflags --libs ) wx_demo.cpp
irwin@raven> ./a.out
21:00:14: Debug: wxFrameTest::wxFrameTest
21:00:15: Debug: frame->Create
21:00:15: Debug: wxFrameTest::Show
21:00:15: Debug: wxFrameTest::OnSize
21:00:15: Debug: wxFrameTest::OnSize
21:00:15: Debug: wxFrameTest::OnCreate
21:00:15: Debug: wxFrameTest::CreateStream
21:00:15: Debug: frame->Show
21:00:15: Debug: TRUE frame->IsReady
21:00:15: Debug: wxFrameTest::OnPaint

I assume that is the intended result because I got no FALSE on my
platform unlike you which immediately shows something is going on that is not
predictable.  I am not signed up with google, but feel free to add my
results (and download and build instructions for that matter) to the
wxWidgets forum on google.