From: Alan W. Irwin
Sent: 22 December 2016 05:39
To: Pedro Vicente; Phil Rosenberg; PLplot development list
Subject: Re: [Plplot-devel] Infinite Yielding issue

Hi Pedro:

More thoughts:

I like your example because it follows the first rule of debugging
which is to simplify the example that shows the strange behaviour.
And I get success on my platform, and you don't on yours which
confirms there is a problem (either there is a bug in wxwidgets/GTK+
or your simple example uses that software incorrectly). But it is a huge
simplification that PLplot is no longer involved, and I highly
approve.

And with regard to the actual problem demonstrated by this simple
example, I am still left wondering if you might be exposing some
wxwidgets or GTK+ bug on your fast hardware there that my slow
hardware does not expose here?  So just for fun, can you get access to
a Linux system on a moderately slow PC there to try this simple
example?  It doesn't have to be superslow. But I do have a
nine-year-old PC running at 2.4GHz with two cpus. So if you can find a
Linux PC that has roughly the same speed as that, you might find a
platform where you obtain success with your simple example which might
be a clue about the cause of this issue.